Papaya Soup with slow-cooked pig feet
Contributed by Khanh-Hoa Thi Nguyen
2 pounds green papaya
2 pig feet cut into 3-4 cm pieces
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
julienned spring onion
1. Thoroughly wash the pig feet in cold water.
2. Cook for 1-2 hours in large pot filled with water.
3. Constantly remove the impurities floating on top of the water.
4. While waiting, wash the papaya and peel its skin.
5. Remove papaya seeds and cut papaya into small 2 cm pieces.
6. Once the pig feet become soft, add papaya pieces and cook until both are soft.
7. Turn off heat, add fish sauce, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Sprinkle julienned spring onion and cilantro on top of serving.